Saturday, October 8, 2016

In Days Of Old When Knights Were Bold

 
The Renaissance Festival always has jousting, a crowd-pleaser but about as real as American professional wrestling. There's more build-up than action - lots of trash talk, boasting and killing time. But once the competition begins, well, stay out of the way.

It's usually pretty tame but this year's version became graphically violent and, you know, there were lots of kids in the audience. More about that tomorrow if time permits. Two major annual photo ops overlap this weekend, Artica and Studio Open House. I want to catch as much of both as I can but I also need uninterrupted time at work. We'll see how it goes.
              



4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You caught some good jousting action here Bob. The third shot made me smile, it's a bit like the 'knight' is a wee bit over it ☺

Sharon said...

Oh wow, these are great shots!

William Kendall said...

Terrific captures, Bob. I'd enjoy watching this.

Norma said...

Jousting! Yes! The action shot are my favorites!