Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Chicago Bar

A Bar In ChIcago 1

The number of bars in America is dwindling. Places that serve alcohol and a minimum of food, someplace to meet your friends and unwind, or to hang out alone but not, nursing your depression. There were lots in NYC when I was growing up but not so much now. However, the institution lives on in Chicago.

This is Swig, someplace in the Wicker Park neighborhood my son took me to before dinner. There was a TV with closed captions, best thing to look at in the establishment.                           
A Bar In ChIcago 2A Bar In Chicago 3


A Bar In Chicago 4

A Bar In Chicago 5

A Bar In Chicago 6

5 comments:

s.c said...

There is a quote from a french diplomat who said every country gets the gouvernement it deserves. Perhaps the word gouvernement must be changed in civilization here.

Norma said...

A TV with no sound makes me nuts. My eyesight is so bad, I can't read the captions!

William Kendall said...

Jason Statham is looking his usual grouchy self, I see.

Stefan Jansson said...

They sometimes have the TV on at my cafe, whenever I get a chance I always turn it off.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Pizza is like sex, eh? I never would have figured in what way - thanks for providing the answer!!!