Saturday, April 11, 2015

Monochrome Garden

MoBot 2105-04-05 6

Gardens are not just about color. We also appreciate shape, light and texture. These photos are from last weekend's visit to the Missouri Botanical Garden.

Making a run down to Memphis this morning, a four hour drive. Mrs. C has an annual professional conference there. I joined her for a couple of nights last year - you may have seen my pictures from Graceland. This time it's down today and back home with her tomorrow. If I get there early enough I'll visit the Civil Rights Museum and photograph the daily duck parade at the famous old Peabody Hotel where we're staying. While Carolyn is at a Saturday evening program I'll attend the Memphis Redbirds baseball game. They are the Cardinals' AAA minor league affiliate, playing in a little gem of a stadium, just 10,000 seats and a block from the hotel. I went crazy and bought the most expensive ticket in the place - $21. It's three figures in St. Louis.                                    

_S9C1307

6 comments:

Halcyon said...

I like black and white and it works well with these garden shots. I especially like the white flowers. They look even more delicate in monochrome.

Birdman said...

Even in b/w it looks warm. Up here the first two games of the Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox AA team) have been snowed out/rained out. With southern climate teams in AA, why do they schedule games up here in early April? They do it every year.

cieldequimper said...

Works well in monochrome. I'm surprised I like them so much.

Sharon said...

I do hope you get some shots of the duck parade. I've heard so much about it and would love to see it.

Mo said...

A great way to highlight aspects other than colour in a garden

William Kendall said...

The second shot works particularly well!