Saturday, April 4, 2015

It's That Time

Forest Park 2015-04-03 2

It's April and it should be spring. But it's been chilly and yesterday the wind howled and it rained off and on all day. There ought to be color all over the place but there's just a few precocious daffodils and a couple of kinds of early blooming trees but mostly the earth is dark wet, thawed but cold and muddy. There wasn't anything worth shooting in Citygarden but the sky was doing a dark cloud then clear thing so I went to a favorite place in Forest Park and this is what I found. It reminded me of those old lines:

in Just-
spring          when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman
whistles          far          and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring
when the world is puddle-wonderful
the queer
old balloonman whistles
far          and             wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
it's
spring
and
         the
                  goat-footed
balloonMan          whistles
far
and
wee
                          

6 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A bit blurry this one. Go in and warm up a bit!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can just imagine children hop, skip and jumping along that tree lined avenue Bob :)

William Kendall said...

A pretty and peaceful place, Bob.

Spring can't make up its mind here. Yesterday, a warmup and pleasant temperatures. Overnight, a flash freeze and more snow.

Jack said...

(I like Steffe's not-so-kind comment.) If I hadn't read your text, I might have made a comment about how nice that spring has finally sprung.

Bob Crowe said...

I would have shot this with a Lensbaby but I didn't have it with me. There is a radial blur applied in Photoshop. The center is sharp.

Stefan Jansson said...

Aha.