Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thursday Arch Series

Gun Rally 2014-10-25 7

The gun guys and gals proceeded to the Arch after their rally in Citygarden. The monument and its grounds are a national park. I thought you couldn't bring firearms into a national park without special permission. I was wrong.

Notice the young mother with a toddler in a stroller in the third picture. The mom was packing, as you can see in the last photo. (Nice handle decor. I thought we got past that 150 years ago.) Note also that the child is holding a toy gun, one of those Nerf models that shoots foam plugs. Nice touch.

I'm finished with this.                 

Gun Rally 2014-10-25 8

Gun Rally 2014-10-25 6

Gun Rally 2014-10-25 9

10 comments:

Nathalie H.D. said...

Now that's a putting the Arch into the heart of things! Do people often take their demonstrations there? I suppose it's a great place to pose for photos.

Thanks for pointing out to us the gun in stroller, I might have missed it. All kids don't get the same education, do they? Chances are that the toddler when she grows up will believe in fire arms as strongly as her mother does, thinking that she's having a personal, unbiased position... sigh.

Birdman said...

Why would a mother do this? Sad.

Halcyon said...

Ugh...

Sharon said...

I'm just shaking my head.

cieldequimper said...

Nathalie put it very nicely...

William Kendall said...

I'm shaking my head too.

Jack said...

At least everything seems pretty calm. I guess that, as one who believes in free expression, I have to be pleased that these folks got to express their views without provoking too much of an adverse reaction from their opponents. Now, go home!

Unknown said...

"St. Louis Daily Photo" has been included in our Sites To See #408. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/10/sites-to-see-408.html

Stefan Jansson said...

I will never understand these gun lovers. Never.

MyVintageCameras said...

The Law regarding firearms in National Parks change just recently. Maybe 3-4 years ago. I know the Park Rangers weren't happy about it. Their jobs are dangerous enough. Now they just have to assume that everyone is armed.