Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Street Art In Arles

Arles 2014-09-01 7

As the French say, a chacun son goût. Biere a la pression is draft beer. Douche is shower. Cuir is leather.

Incroyable! We were looking for a supermarket at the Gare du Nord, near our apartment in Paris (Google Maps has its location completely wrong). A local woman came up to me in the street, asked me in her own language where the entrance to the Metro was, I understood her, answered her question (sure hope I was right) and she thanked me profusely. Progress. It felt good.   

Arles 2014-09-01 8

Arles 2014-09-01 12

Arles 2014-09-01 11

Arles 2014-09-01 10

Arles 2014-09-01 9

Arles 2014-09-01 13

11 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe serie , j'adore

William Kendall said...

An odd spot for Spock to show up. That last one would cause a few blushes!

Stefan Jansson said...

Some great street art here Bob.

Jack said...

Can you translate that last one for me, Bob?

Pat said...

Great series... I love the 'Avec l'amour le temps passe vite. Avec le temps il passe moins souvent."---Darn.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Congratulations on this beautiful series, Bob. I particularly love Miss Tic's artworks. I love the way she plays with words (e.g. don d'orgasme instead of don d'organe - orgasm donation instead of organ donation.
She's become quite a celebrity, there's been books and exhibits dedicated to her work.
Check out her website
http://www.missticinparis.com/

Norma said...

Love the one with Spock!

Norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful set of shots!

Jilly said...

I've always envied that Nathalie has all this wonderful street art to photograph and now you. As you know there is no such thing in Menton. All great captures.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Brilliant street art shots Bob, j'adore the black and white.