Friday, August 8, 2014

The Way They Were

First Grade Picture

As I mentioned, the old school at Immanuel Lutheran Church, out amidst the cornfields, has become a museum. The Kruses, my wife's family, have long been prominent in the area. They are well-represented among the displays.

If I am not mistaken, the top picture contains Mrs. C's first grade photo (top row, second from left). 

The middle image is of Mel Kruse, my wife's youngest brother, his wife Pat (they run the old family farm) and their four children. My guess is that this is about 25 years ago. All of the kids now have children of their own.

The bottom picture has the family's military veterans, my late father-in-law, Wilmer, a dashing young intelligence officer during World War II, and brothers-in-law Ron and Jim, probably in the 70s. The label is incorrect. Ron, lower left, was stationed in Germany while Jim was in Vietnam.                                                    

Mel Pat and Kids

Family Veterans

5 comments:

Olivier said...

sympa ce musée familiale

Luis Gomez said...

Very interesting post. I can see the family resemblance between your father in law and your son in the last shot.

Norma said...

Love seeing Carolyn as a child!

William Kendall said...

Now that is when the history becomes intensely personal, Bob.

Jack said...

Your blog will help your kids and their kids to trace their family history. There was a Scott Kruse who was in my law school class. He is now with a big L.A. firm, but I think he grew up somewhere in the Heartland.