Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Patriot Games

Patriot Van 5


Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!

Sir Walter Scott


Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson

 
This van was parked across the road from our motel in Marysville, Kansas, for the length of our stay. Never saw anyone in or around it. It reflects a common theme in some parts of American society. There are those who believe that our Declaration of Independence and Constitution were given to us by God and that military veterans of all kinds (ours, anyway) should be venerated. I'm not much into tear-shedding eagles but I'll let you judge for yourself.

Patriot Van 4

Patriot Van 2

Patriot Van 3

4 comments:

Pat said...

I share your views. And this van is really in my face. And the 'native land' should refer to the Native Americans, but I bet it doesn't.

Luis Gomez said...

I am with you Bob. You see some of those around DC.

William Kendall said...

It feels over the top to me.

Birdman said...

You know where I'm going with this I'm sure. MY Patriot Games begin September 7 against the 'fins!
GO PATS!
...sorry.