Saturday, July 26, 2014

Stuck

Laumeier Sculpture Park 2014-07-20 15

There is no information on Laumeier's website about this enormous tire, partly buried in the earth. The standing cutout of what looks like a businessman is Jonathan Borofsky's  Man with Briefcase at #2968443 (some explanation here). It looks like the tire would like to rise up and roll over the figure, which reminds me of R. Crumb's Whiteman and, for some reason, an iconic photo of James Joyce (I think it's the hat). These could be interpreted innumerable ways. Have at it.                 

Laumeier Sculpture Park 2014-07-20 16

4 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I saw so meting similar but different on a flickr photo yesterday. I will try to find it again.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

At least the figure is not lying down behind the tire with tread marks over its back.

Luis Gomez said...

Great park.

William Kendall said...

I have no idea what to make of it!