Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Or Halloween?

Garden Glow 2013-12-20 5 (Shaw's Tomb)

Although some may question my taste, this is my favorite photo from the Garden Glow series. It's called The Lantern Tree and looks more like an illustration from an Edgar Allen Poe story or maybe the scary middle parts of Dickens' A Christmas Carol. That's Henry Shaw's tomb lit from within. He's the guy who started the garden and my favorite STL refuge, nearby Tower Grove Park. Tomorrow's shot from the Glow will be less macabre. A little.


Madeleine Monday

Madeleine At The Garden


Getting our favorite tike ready to go out into the Garden. Just room light with a 50 mm lens. The bib says "I Run This Place."              

10 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est magnifique ces lanternes et cet eclairage , superbe photo

Olivier said...

et Madeleine semble très éveillée , bientôt elle sera sous le charme de son grand-père en pere noel ;)

s.c said...

The lanterns gives a very nice light indeed as is the inside lit tomb. Also nice composition.

Pat said...

I like it, too. Just my style. And what an adorable child!!

Luis Gomez said...

I love your image as well Bob. Great pick!The baby is adorable! BTW, I don't think there is anything to tell locals or tourist that the President is not home.

Birdman said...

... certainly could make it as a cover of a Poe collection. It holds a bit of eeriness.

TheChieftess said...

I thought it looked like Halloween when the pic came up!!!

She's only just beginning to learn her true power to control life around her!!!

cieldequimper said...

I don't associate it with Halloween but most certainly with Dickens. Madeleine is getting a soft peck on the cheek from this side of the big pond!

William Kendall said...

That first shot is lovely and mysterious... and little Madeleine looks precious!

Stefan Jansson said...

A bit spooky!