Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Country Music

Singer And Fiddle Player

Lynn Owsley and fellow musicians performed in a rather small, uncrowded conference room at the hotel where the Steel Guitar Conference took place. It was an intimate setting for them, the audience and, happily, your photographer. The singer had a rich, nuanced baritone. Looks like a sad song from his expression. Country music is full of sad songs.

The smiling man in the red shirt is The Reverend Horton Heat, someone even I know and like. He and his sidemen were playing at the Big Muddy Blues festival that night near the river, belting out their style known as psychobilly. 

The bottom shot is another plaque in the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame. Just really like the name.

TOMORROW: 太鼓. No, I can't read it either but I know it when I hear it.         

Guitar Player

An Old Drummer

The Reverend Horton Heat

Pee Wee Whitewing

7 comments:

Olivier said...

belle serie de portraits des musiciens

cieldequimper said...

I believe I would have enjoyed this. That's a beautiful series of portraits.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Tres joli series of country music type images Bob.. Country music isn't my thing but I do like to see folk enjoying themselves.

William Kendall said...

Psychobilly is a musical genre?

Good character shots, Bob!

Jack said...

More nice portraits. It must have been fun to see all of this in the intimate small room setting.

TheChieftess said...

Nice shots!!! Love country music!!!

Virginia said...

I know about some country music and you captured the soul. Good work my friend.
V