Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Final Note From The Library

.
St. Louis Central Library Reopening 26

There were probably rare or historical documents behind this heavy glass door at the restored library. However, I want to get a sticker made just like the sign and put it on my forehead. The world is too intrusive, too much stuff shouting for my attention.

After that's done, I might have the time and peace of mind to enter the room in the second picture. The specter of that dark reflection in the center might put me off, though.

PS: if you would like to see something that will make you feel good - I mean really good - in this sorry world, look at this five minute video that was in the web edition of yesterday's New York Times. A self-styled preacher, known in this country for his virulently anti-Muslim views, started spewing in Times Square one day last summer. A passer-by started singing a song very loudly. Soon the whole crowd joined him in a Beatles tune everyone knows, drowning out the hate. Made my day.

St. Louis Central Library Reopening 29

5 comments:

Olivier said...

Le pasteur Terry Jones fait peur, c'est un illuminé dangereux, qui amene la droite americaine vers l'extreme droite.
j'aime bien la reponse du jeune homme avec la reprise des Beatles...(et les gens qui reprennent avec lui) comme quoi il y a de l'espoir.
Merci pour la video

cieldequimper said...

That and the 'idiot' sign are making my early morning after a late night out and I wanna go back to bed.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Made me happy too Bob! Let us know what the dark 'specter' is when you get time to enter the creative experience room, that in itself sounds very interesting!

William Kendall said...

It is beyond refreshing seeing that vile man get put in his place.

Babzy.B said...

thanks for the NYtimes Link , i really apreciate :)
All the library's pictures are great ! :)