Monday, August 13, 2012

I'd Be Happy If I Were A Cartoon, Too

,
Festival of Lanterns 10

Happy Chinese prince and princess, happy (but scary large) bird, happy flowers, mostly happy visitors in the background. The Garden made the wise decision to limit the number of tickets sold each evening. A lot fewer people walked into my shots than I expected. (Maybe photographers should wear orange vests on some occasions, like road workers, so people notice us and stay the %$#*% away from the front of the lens.)

7 comments:

Olivier said...

de vrais œuvres d'art , c'est magnifique et la photo superbe , les lumières et les couleurs ressortent bien

Birdman said...

Some friends think I spend a lot of my hours in 'cartoons'.
Ah, what's up Doc?

Clueless in Boston said...

Have you ever noticed, people wait to step up close to view something just when you are trying to take a picture of it. I like your idea of wearing an orange vest to alert them someone is trying to take a picture. It would sure make our picture-taking lives a lot easier.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I have a friend who is not bashful about calling to people and asking them to move. I have never done that, although I have wanted to many times.

Pat said...

and sometimes you find the person looking at the subject is 'the subject'.

We loved the Botanical Gardens when we lived in StL.

cieldequimper said...

Oh boy, how many times have I asked people to move?! This is strange...

William Kendall said...

Great shot!