Friday, July 20, 2012

Final Walk Through

.
2012-07-14 Slut Walk 11

We're finishing up with the SlutWalk today. As I mentioned the other day, nobody (at least nobody you would like to be in the same room with) questions the cause. I'm just not sure the means were well-chosen. There were not a lot of people. It was in a funky neighborhood off STL's main stream. The newspaper and TV stations didn't cover it. The men who needed to hear this point never heard about the event. Great movements that change society can grow from tiny seeds - think of civil rights in this country - but this one needs both nurturing and luck. It's good, though, that people with deep concerns got to take to the streets and shout about it..

2012-07-14 Slut Walk 21

2012-07-14 Slut Walk 10

2012-07-14 Slut Walk 18

2012-07-14 Slut Walk 9

9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Let's hope they hear your thoughts for next time!

Pat said...

I'm with Ciel. Love how the woman's hand in the third photo modestly (!)covers her nipple.

Birdman said...

Reminds me off a Buffett line;" You treat your body like a temple; I treat mine like a tent." What do they say? Different strokes?

Wayne said...

They're in need of a good copy writer for a start.

William Kendall said...

We'll see what it does in time.

And a tent is much more comfortable than a temple.

Stefan Jansson said...

I can almost grantee that this movement will grow. And spread around the world.

Jack said...

Looks like an excuse for some young folks to shed some clothes and have a party. I doubt it enlightened even one mind.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent coverage of this event Bob, let's hope some good comes of it..thirsty work by the looks of it!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Perth DP, great coverage, Bob! In the meantime I realized there was a Slut Walk in Lisbon too and wish I knew it before.