Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Morning After

.
Bass Champion

I usually write my posts in the evening. They are uploaded at 12:01 AM the following morning. So I can't be sure right now but this illustrates how I may feel Wednesday morning when I turn on National Public Radio news and open the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, for yesterday was election day in my country.

My wife and I sometimes joke that we could make a good living commuting to Las Vegas and betting against people we vote for, at least as long as we live in Missouri. (We could do even better if we moved to Texas, but perish the thought.) Knowing what all the polls predict, I feel angry and sad as I type this on Tuesday evening. Rather than draft another rant, I might refer you to this editorial in Tuesday's New York Times (Sure, liberal elite Northeast media. Got it.). It expresses my thoughts better than I could myself.

12 comments:

Olivier said...

beau maquillage digne d'un film de Romero.

On voit les résultats des élections, cela va être dur pour Obama (malheureusement) même si il a réussit a garder le sénat.....

cieldequimper said...

Clinton did it before...

You'd have to live in Austin, your only chance NOT to end up like this.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You are grateful that you do not live in Texas. You undoubtedly could add Arizona to the places with a political climate that you would be grateful that you can view from a distance, politically.

brattcat said...

I live in the most liberal state in the country (at least that's our perception) and I still feel like this this morning. Here we go again.

Sharon said...

This is pretty much how I feel this AM. My sister said it best yesterday morning. She was on her way to an exercise in futility, to vote in Arizona.

William Kendall said...

The real Tea Party agenda: brains for every zombie.

cieldequimper said...

Hey, could you explain why so many people hate the guts of Northeast media and more specifically the NYT? I hope there is a better explanation than just zombies.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Read the Times editorial you linked to. All I can say is, "Amen, brother."

Nathalie H.D. said...

I wish I could just comment on the great photo, cos it IS a GREAT photo, I love it.

But somehow the nature of your commentary dampens the spirit, to say the least.

I'm off to read the editorial in the NYT now.

Nathalie H.D. said...

PS - it will be all about gratuitous cuteness in my blog tomorrow (well, to be published in 30 mins). I couldn't help but link the word to your blog !

Jack said...

I will skip the political commentary. But, I did like your photo.

Jilly said...

A brilliant photo to illustrate the topic. I saw a UK television programme about the Tea Party and confess I found it totally terrifying. Wish the Democrats would speak up more and fight their corner. Inheriting the Bush mess is not something that can be cleared up in 2 years.