Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Arch Series

.
Arch 2010-09-05 1

After we left the crowded blues festival Sunday night, my wife and I took a walk around the adjacent Arch grounds. I have not shot there at night in some time. The big spotlights that illuminate the monument were off. (I have no clue what the schedule is.) The only light around was from streetlamps and downtown buildings. No tripod with me. I wondered if I could get anything interesting.

It worked. This was shot at ISO 1600, f 5.0, 1/15th second, handheld. The orange highlights are from sodium vapor streetlamps outside the Arch grounds. I may bring in more from this group of pictures in coming weeks.

9 comments:

Olivier said...

on dirait un tronc , la lumiere reflete bien sur l'arche

cieldequimper said...

Olivier beat me to it. It does look like a tree. I would never have guessed it was the arch if it wasn't Thursday.

Birdman said...

Surprise! Surprise! The camera never fails to impress.

Pat said...

Beautiful. You're one steady guy.

Tara said...

Wow! To me it looks like bunched up aluminum foil.

Virginia said...

I thought it was a big shiny tree as well. Good one B.
V

Sue said...

Very nice. I think the lights may be turned off for migrating birds.

nathalie in avignon said...

Handheld? You mean you didn't rest the camera on a bench or something?
Great result anyway !
Your Thursday arch series is my personal joy.

T. Becque said...

Cool photo!