Sunday, November 22, 2009

For Your Sunday Morning

.
I am so out of ideas. After another Saturday session at the office, the lazy St. Louis photoblogger's solution is to walk a block to Citygarden and shoot something or other. The garden is lucky to have two representations of Pinocchio. The puppet in Jim Dine's White Gloves faces the direction of the rising sun, arms outstretched as if in praise and supplication. Or is it triumph? Except he has no eyes - he literally acts blindly - and Pinocchio's growing nose tells us that he's been lying.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

I"m fascinated that there are two Pinocchios in one place! I wonder what the children think of them ? This one is rather Disneyesque though. No eyes...hmmm.
V

cieldequimper said...

This is disturbing, almost distressing. The nose is right, but no eyes...

roentare said...

Quite a lot of inspiration in this image. Great shot!

brattcat said...

I'd be lying if I said I couldn't see the beauty in this shot.

Babzy.B said...

I love Collodi's book !