Sunday, March 29, 2009

Forest Park, Spring Rain

.
The first flowering trees of spring have popped open in St. Louis over the last week. Saturday was chilly and damp but I thought it would make for subtle colors in Forest Park. A lot of the central US was supposed to get some snow last night. If we have any and I can get my butt out of bed early enough, I'll see what I can make of it in the Missouri Botanical Garden.

WHAT SATURDAY NIGHT'S FORECAST MADE ME THINK OF: Spring Snow, the exquisite novel by Yukio Mishima.

TOMORROW:
payday.

There's a bunch more New Orleans photos on Flickr here, with scenes of high life and low life on Bourbon Street.

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Textbook vanishing point. Well actually you could write a textbook if you had time, but you don't. The wet pavement is a real plus here Bob. Snow? Yuck! It's spring for Pete's sake.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shot. I can almost feel the chill in the air!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Excellent photo. I've just discovered your blog and I love your photography!

Victor said...

HDR is really working for you here Bob. And if I may, I'd like to recommend an exquisite little novel called simply SNOW by Maxence Fermine
www.acornbook.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

ParkerMB said...

Bob-
Parker here, video guy from the Pillow Fight on Saturday. This is a fun blog, I especially like this shot. I am new to the area and I was wondering where the good parks are to photograph. Best, -pmb

M. Givens said...

I love the way you seem to walk into infinity. I also like how the gray gloomy clouds bring out the beauty of white in the flowers.