Friday, February 6, 2009

Just Some Trees In Snow

.
Still in Tower Grove Park. This is another HDR, although you might not think so to look at it. HDR can achieve so many wonderful things besides burning your retinas (although that can be fun). What appeals to me about this shot is that, being a park, there is no underbrush on the ground and the line of sight between the trees is clear. With the ceiling formed by the dense branches, it makes me think I'm standing in an exceptional cathedral.

WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW
(Thursday night): write some blog comments. WHAT I WANT TO DO NOW: read a book until I fall asleep. WHAT I'LL PROBABLY DO NOW: a little of both.


TOMORROW: St. Louis and public art.

7 comments:

Virginia said...

It's so quiet. I love that light coming in from the left. Very nice. The trees look like they're patiently waiting for springtime.
V

zu said...

Good photo... The light traveling across the sky. Its nice.

Anonymous said...

I really like this photograph and this park. I could spend a lot of time just wandering here.

Knoxville Girl said...

what I like best is that it seems endless, which belies the aspect of "in city"

PJ said...

It has a European feel to me. It's substantial. I could go on about the light but V covered that. It's a great view and I love the footprints.

cara said...

Lovely shot. The greenery and sunlight are so delicate you hardly notice them at first... without them it would be a scene from the novel The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Anonymous said...

I'd never have had that down as a HDR picture. It's got a lovely feel - I like your cathedral metaphor.

Thanks for your comment - have a safe journey and a fun trip!