Tuesday, December 30, 2008

STL DPB On The Road: Leaving New York

.
Back home in St. Louis. I get such a charge every time I return to NYC but, frankly, I can see more of the world because we live in cheap STL. (We saw $1.23 per gallon gasoline on our way home from the airport on Monday.) And we certainly have plans to get out of here in 2009, including Kansas, like the woman below. There is a growing set of my recent NYC photos on Flickr here.

WHAT BUILDING IN THE TOP PICTURE IS IMPORTANT TO ME:
about half way right of center, where the Lensbaby blur really kicks in, is an off-white building that looks like a step pyramid sitting on a cube. That's 120 Wall Street, where my father worked most of his career. He was in commodities, sugar, specifically.

TOMORROW:
ring out the old. Also, time to get back to writing comments on your work.

6 comments:

Virginia said...

So WHAP no more NYC pics? Just like that? Over.Done.
Well I guess I 'd better enjoy the ones we got and go to Flickr to get my fix. Today's looks like plastic buildings. What all have you done to it? I suspect some major Christmas toy fiddling going on here. Kinda fun though isn't it B?

PJ said...

This almost looks like shift tilt, but horizontally (????). Pretty cool.
So, you had a sugar daddy?

Anonymous said...

I've loved your NY pictures - really stunning (as usual, I wouldn't expect anything else from you!).

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Virginia said...

May I have the name and phone number of your Sugar Daddy? I am in desperate need.
V

Julie said...

.. *chortle* ... good quips here ladies.

Olivier said...

a une journée prêt, on aurait pu se rencontrer dans la Grosse Pomme. Superbe ta série de photo sur New York.

a one-day loan, we could meet in the Big Apple. Superb range of your photo in New York.