Sunday, December 14, 2008

Skating With Santa 2008

.
Little did I know before I started a city daily photo blog, but every year around this time kids can go skating with Santa at Steinberg Ice Rink in Forest Park. I went for the first time last year and got some good shots - see them here. The weather was milder and it was much more crowded this time but I still got a few good ones. What's weird is that when Santa and I got chatting last year we found we had the same last name; his first and last name is the same as my father. He remembered me, calling out, "Hi, Mr. Crowe!" and I replied, "Hi, John!"

My wife and I scour the newspaper for community events I can shoot. So much more going on in this town than I realized.


TOMORROW:
all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

His name is SANTA CLAUS , Bob, NOT John!!! Everybody knows that!!!! Great shot of those cute kiddos with SANTA. Crowded events are hard to shoot. You got a great one here.
V

PJ said...

All those colors are so cheerful and each one of them look so happy.