Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hot Rod Lincoln


Actually, I have no idea what kind of car this started out as. It qualifies as a hot rod and I just love the song Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, America's finest rockabilly band:



When I went to the Collinsville World's Largest Catsup Bottle Festival I was talking about yesterday, I found there was a big classic and custom car show spread out on the grounds of the American Legion hall. Lots of cool wheels and interesting people. This photo above is a detail of the right front fender and chrome bullet headlight of something-or-other.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Why, Hot Rod Lincoln, of course. Oh, also the Commander's other classic, Lost In the Ozone Again.
TOMORROW: American Gothic

9 comments:

Kate said...

Very sleek logo, well-photographed! Classic car shows are always a big draw around here.

Pat said...

Love these sleek, sleek cars...reminds me of how guys used to decorate their cars when I was in high school.

Marie Reed said...

This is so peachy keen!

Virginia said...

This is hard to admit but.....I remember these FINS!
A great shot my friend. The tunes were icing on the cake. Hadn't thought of that song in.... let's just say YEARS. We need to chat about adding all that razamatazz! I'm challenged in that area.

Virginia said...

I guess I am too young to remember "Lost in the Ozone Again" thank goodness!

Knoxville Girl said...

I'm telling ya, son, this'll drive me to drinkin'...
great photo, looks like it's about to take off.

Tash said...

Another amazing photo! Beautiful.

Dewey Setlak said...

It's hard to tell what the exact model of the car is in that angle, but the thing does spell out hot rod! Heh, red's definitely the most fitting color for such a vehicle, don't you think? Car shows in general are filled with a ton of cool cars, along with their interesting owners.

Vannessa Gabbett said...

Dewey is right. It's hard to tell from that angle what type of car that is. You can search for Fooserati and Creamsickle. Maybe those are on the same line with this hot rod. That will be a good reference to go for. Try it.