Friday, May 2, 2008

Dark Leaf

Well, enough conceptual art for a while. In any event, we return to the beautiful Missouri Botanical Garden, which my family visited last weekend for the opening of the Niki de Saint Phalle sculpture exhibit. The most interesting building is the Climatron, a recreation of a lowland tropical forest under a geodesic dome. We think this plant was some kind of giant blackened philodendron. This leaf was almost a meter long. High drama in the plant world.

TOMORROW: That's a really good question.

2 comments:

Profile Not Available said...

This is an amazing shot! I can't stop coming back to it to look at the detail!

iBlowfish said...

I think I saw this kind of leaf in Cleveland Metropark Zoo in Tropical Forest exhibition. They are huge and remind me of elephant's ears. I like the one with detail in b&w. Another excellent posting.